Monday, August 17, 2009

{Happy Birthday Big Bug}

It blows my mind to think that 5 years & 4 1/2 hours ago I gave birth to my 4 lb lil {Bug}....

*FLASHBACK*

a day & 1/2 old... (my hand looks massive compared to his lil noggin')
Photobucket

first birthday...
Photobucket

Photobucket

second birthday...
Photobucket

third birthday...
Photobucket

Photobucket

fourth birthday...
Photobucket

He's not so little any more. Today he turned 5 years old!! And he LOVES it! He also loved that I made him a Candy Land birthday cake. (I spent 2 hours frosting and decorating this baby!)
Photobucket

What a goofy guy he is! Always pullin' funny faces and making us all laugh.
Photobucket

Make a wish & blow...
Photobucket

{Skunk} loved it too...
Photobucket

Photobucket

There was so much cake we had to call the neighbor kids over to help us eat it all.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He really did have such a fun birthday. And I didn't even go overboard this year with decorations and guests. It was actually fun and relaxing for me too. {Bug} has been so great to share his new toys with his lil' brother too. I'm so proud of him!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cake, i'm going to have you do all the cakes for my parties from now on:)

Scottish lass said...

Thanks for coming by - glad you were entertained!
That cake is amazing!!

Nicki said...

I can't believe he is already 5!!! I remember coming to the hospital to see him and he was so small. Happy Birthday Halen!!!! Great cake

Michelle said...

WOW...some cake! I just decided a few weeks ago to make sure my kids have cakes for their birthdays...you'll have to visit my blog to read the whole story. LOL.

Over from SITS.

Julie w said...

Love the cake L! You did an amazing job! Can you believe we both have 5 year olds? Nuts!

btw, your second boy looks like he could be T's son. :) Seriously though!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son! :)

That cake is so happy! I'm glad that everyone liked it! What did you use as decorations?

Stopping in from SITS.

Sassy Chica said...

Happy Birthday Lil Bug!!!

The Candy Land Cake is both creative and Fabulous!!!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

happy birthday to your big bug! i love the cake!!! good job!

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet 'bug'! Doesn't the time just fly?!? I have two daughters with August birthdays and I've blogged about both of them this month. One was Saturday but I blogged about it today. It was very 'deep' but I just needed to write it. I love my girls so much. I can't believe they are all either grown or almost grown! Hang on tight to your little man and don't blink 'cause before you know it, he will be driving the car, going to the prom and graduating from high school! ;0)

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

A link to the story of why I blog:

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/07/document.html

Dee said...

Whoo. Happy Birthday Bug. Those pics are great. Nice and relaxing.