Wednesday, January 13, 2010

{BREAKTHROUGH}

Over the past year I've been experiencing some sort of sleep disorder of sorts.  I've experienced it before, but this last year I've probably experienced it over 15 nights with multiple episodes a night on occasion.  Basically I wake up & I can't move, I can't speak & I become terrified.  It only lasts a few minutes at the most but there is the most terrifying feeling of an evil presence or something.  I'm fully aware of my surroundings.  I try with all my might to fight my way out of it, to scream & kick.  But I just lay there with my heart pounding.  Sort of how I would imagine what came over JS just before the first vision.  My mother & brother have experienced these as well.  My mother believes there really is a evil spirit or demon doing this to her when it happens.  (I'll let her know when she gets home what I have found.)  I have never believed this, nor has my brother & I just thought it had to be explained somehow.  But I've never remembered to mentioned it to a Doctor.  Well early this morning I had another episode & when I finally broke free of it I was pissed off enough to Google search it & do some research of my own.  Guess what I found!  Sleep Paralysis!  Here are just a few of the links I found helpful...

http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/sleep-paralysis-what-it-is-and-how-to-avoid-it/

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-paralysis.html

http://www.persistenceunlimited.com/2007/05/7-tips-to-stop-the-terror-of-sleep-paralysis/

http://www.ehow.com/how_2043438_stop-attack-sleep-paralysis.html

There were many other helpful sites & also many many MANY other sights that try to convince the reader that this kind of thing really is caused by demons or aliens.  LOL!!  Here also is a great explanatory clip, it's 10 minutes long but if you have had this experience it's worth watching.  The last minute or 2 goes into the whole lucid dreaming or out of body experience which I have no idea about nor do I want to.  I will be trying to focus more on the tips I learned from the above sites listed to avoid having these experiences again though.

3 comments:

erin louise said...

How scary for you and your family!

vbergfamlee said...

I've totally experienced this before. I experienced it a lot in our last apartment. I was terrified about it at first and was like you and could relate to JS. I wondered if our apartment was possessed. I remember distinct sounds like someone coming into my apartment after N8 had left for work and thought someone was breaking in. I could actually hear the dead bolt and foot steps but no matter how hard I tried to talk or move, I couldn't. I did finally talk to N8 about it and he knew about the sleep paralysis and explained it to me. It was still pretty scary but I started trying to ignore it when it happened and just tried to relax and go back to sleep. That seemed to help. I haven't had a problem with it for about a year but I'm excited to see what else you have found that might help when it does happen.

Britney said...

O ... M ... G ...