Sunday, July 19, 2009

{Insightfully In-LOVE}

Photobucket

This has been sorta on my mind over the past couple of months... I NEVER blog about my bf. And it's not that I don't love him or think that he isn't blog worthy... because I really, really LOVE him! I want the whole world to know that I... do... love him! I guess I didn't want to put substantial amounts of blogging time into our relationship if it all blew up in my face and didn't work. Well, I'm done with that. Over the past year we have grown so close and he has become my best friend. I love my {Twinkie}, and I really believe this is it, the big one, for me!!! I'll make sure all my posts aren't completely mushy and ga ga. But, just in case you have a weak stomach... here is your warning: IT'S ABOUT TO GET COMPLETELY MUSHY AND GA GA!!!

This man is the sweetest man I have ever known... that isn't already married that is. I have some lucky friends that have been truly blessed with sweet husbands, knights in shining armor kind. I've often wondered if it were all a show and behind closed doors they were all like the men I've know in the past that are just not so nice to their wives. Well let me tell you, there really are men out there that know how to treat a woman right and {Twinkie} is who they are all cloned from. He is my knight in shining armor, slaying dragons on my behalf. I'm not saying he's perfect. Nobody is. Especially me. (Thank goodness for his patience.) All I know is he is so respectful of me and my feelings. He truly loves me & all he wants is to make me happy. He keeps his word all the way to the bank. If he says he is gonna do something, right there and then, I have no more worries. I know he will. That is just how he is!

Yes, I know this could be an argument that we could carry on into the centuries, but the fact is that in the past I haven't really had the highest self esteem, whether you think I should or not. And my previous marriage pretty much destroyed any dwindling that may have existed. {Twinkie} has been an like an angel, helping me feel beautiful, special, petit and talented in all I do. Whether it be photography (he's completely biased when it comes to my photography & I believe it has blossomed because of his belief in me), parenting techniques or my cooking (come to think of it, he's completely biased there too). I love basking in his complete adoration. Believe me it goes both ways.

Now, I am sorta a guarded gal (or have become so) when it comes to my deepest feelings and to the things I cherish and love the most. So when it comes to my boys I didn't involve them too much during the first year of getting to know {Twinkie}. I introduced them to him right away (which never happened with any other guy) and occasionally I let my boys come hang out for an hour or so. {Twinkie} & I have involved them much more as of late and it couldn't make me happier. My boys absolutely adore him and ask about him all the time when he's not around. And he thinks they are pretty great too. Beyond the sappy... "Awe, they like each other!" factor,... what really makes me happy is the fact that he doesn't let my boys run all over him (believe me they've tried). He can put them in their place and I have seen them developing respect for him, instead of him being the dude that shows up and spoils them and lets them have their way just so he is liked. What a great guy! I know he'll make a great daddy one day. And, a great Super Hero (role model) to my boys. It would please me to no end if my boys turned out like him. Educated, respectful, smart, empathetic, hard working, possessing self-control, & accepting responsibility.

I have so much more to pour out of my heart about this wonderful man, but I'll save that for another post. ;) In fact I need to share with you how we met. Next time!

4 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

awwww. *hearts, hearts hearts.

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much you deserve a guy like him! I'm so happy for you and so greatful that you found the man you did. I have so much respect for him and i know he will never hurt you (intentionally) he is a great guy and you know what, you are the greatest girl, he is lucky to have found you, he is lucky to have you and your beautiful boys in his life! You guys just make me smile. And i love the mushy gaga! I love you, and for the way he treats you i automatically love him too! Dont ever think you deserve less cause you dont!

Nicki said...

Lisa, loved that blog. I have oftened wondered how you two are doing and you are great. You deserve the best. You are one of the sweetest people I know. I know we don't see each other a lot or even talk a whole lot, but I look up to you with all you've been through and the attitude you have. You're the greatest and deserve all the happiness.

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

i really like your guys' picture, and i am so happy for you to have found such a great guy. you so deserve it!!! and you are a great example to me when it comes to your photography, your ambitions, and your ability to work hard at making your dreams come true! you are awesome!!!