Monday, November 9, 2009

{Day 4 - Gratitude Challenge}

Write a short message of thanks for some of the “negative” things in your life.


I am able to say that I am grateful for my divorce.  I wouldn't have thought I'd ever say that 2 years ago, & I'm so glad I can say that.  I am a better person for it & I've learned so much thru it.  I now enjoy the love of a man who treats me so well & encourages me to chase after my dreams.  I've been able to teach my children other lessons thru this that would have never been taught as well if I didn't go thru this experience.  I've discovered a new me, I'm not the young, naive, "yes" girl that I was when I married.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate for divorce.  But in my case, Heavenly Father has truly been taking care of me & blessing me.


Another thing that I am grateful for is my living conditions.  This one I complain more about that probably anything else.  But, it really is a blessing that my parents were able to & had the room & means to take me & my children in.  They have given me a place to live, sleep, raise my children, & have fed us.  And as my dad has pointed out on numerous occasions, this is the best place for my kids to be right now while I'm not married.  To be surrounded by uncles and grandma & grandpa.  It's a very social place for them & I know that it has benefitted them & they are happy.




Be Grateful For What You Have

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person and mom. Even better now i think. You're right, sometimes the hardest things make us better people.