Wednesday, November 4, 2009

{Halloween Is Over, But The Scary Part Isn't}

I survived the scariest night of my life.  I was seriously re-living "Paranormal Activity" @ 2 AM...

Let me back track a bit.  I'm sorta a HUGE freak about scary movies, especially ones that involve evil spirits and such.  I can deal with blood and gore, but bring in a possessed girl, or ghosts, or anything like that it seems to stick with me for a while.  Case in point, I reluctantly watched "The Grudge 2" a couple of months ago with {Twinkie} knowing full well how much I hated the first one since it really freaked me out.  The next morning (really early mind you) I was laying in bed trying not to think about what I had watched the night before.  Ya know how people will say they heard the spirit whisper to them, not just an impression of the mind but an actual voice as if someone were standing right next to them.  Well, as I was laying there I heard as plain as if it were right in bed with me a breathy whispering, "I seeeeeeeeeee youuuuuu".  I just about crapped my pants.  I stiffened up, I tried to breath normal, calm my heart rate and tried to convince my mind it wasn't real, but I had heard it!  I was sure the devil himself was in my room, just letting me know that he's keeping an eye on me.  Can you say FREAKED OUT!!  Then I realize I could hear my brother in the bathroom.  I got the courage and leaped out of bed (3 feet away from the edge to be exact incase there were something under my bed waiting to grab me and drag me under) swung my door open and got right in my brothers face.  "WHAT WAS THAT!!!"  He held up his phone and said someone had sent it to him.  "DON'T PLAY IT AGAIN!"  I think I had really freaked him out at that point.  But I really was scared for my soul just seconds before.  Oh, & btw the "I see you" was from "The Lord of The Rings", the third one I believe so go listen to that and tell me you wouldn't have peed your pants on the spot if you thought that a spirit was whispering that to you.

Ok, so last night.  I had called {Twinkie} to say g'night & was planing on falling to sleep to "The Biggest Looser" that I was watching on Hulu.com.  Ya know how when your ear is pressed up against the pillow and if something moves on the bed or makes a noise it seems to amplify it in that ear.  Well I could hear like a... slow clawing and felt a slight movement of the bed.  It happened about 3 times with only a few seconds in between each time before I sat straight up and turned the lamp on.  It sounded like it was coming from between the mattress & the wall.  And after watching "Paranormal Activity" a couple of weeks ago, all my mind pictured was a demon trying to let me know that it was there with me. I patted around the bed making sure that there was nothing slipping off against the wall that could have caused that noise and movement.  I was bewildered & freaking out since there was nothing to explain this.  So I lay back down trying to calm myself and after a while I got comfortable enough to turn the light off again.  Still watching my show and trying to keep my mind off of the weirdness, yet I was wired and wasn't gonna fall asleep any time soon.  Around the 2-o'clock (watching "The Office" at this point, trying to keep it light) I was really relaxed (laying on my stomach) and I started to nestle down further in my bed, moving my feet into a comfortable position under the blankets.  As I did I felt something touching my foot, like fingers playing a piano across both my feet.  Believe me I sat us so fast & turned the light on quicker than you can say "Boo".  I just stared at the end of my bed and was truly freaking out now.  Since {Twinkie} works the graveyard shift I knew I could call him.  He answered and said "Hey hon, I thought you went to bed."  I told him I couldn't sleep & when he asked me what was wrong, I lost it.  I was just sobbing.  I told him about the 2 incidents and asked him if he thought I was crazy.  He was so sweet & said he believed me.  He asked me what I thought it was, and I was so embarrassed to tell him I thought it was an evil spirit or something.  He told me to go wake my dad & ask him for a priesthood blessing & to call him back afterwards.  When I woke my dad & asked him for a blessing he asked me to sit down and tell him what was wrong (my crying had increased in volume & in tears, I couldn't control the way my body was shaking, & I was having a hard time breathing, borderline hysteria at this point).  I told him what happened & what I thought & that I also thought I may be going crazy.  He told me he would meet me in the living room for the blessing.  I had all the house lights on & I went in my room and gathered my phone, a blanket & my pillow (I was NOT gonna sleep in my room) and walked back to the living room where my dad was just arriving.  As we both entered the room we saw it... a little dark grey mouse was running across the kitchen floor (though it seemed like he was gliding he was so smooth) hugging the wall, into the living room and back behind the TV.  I cannot express the relief that came over me at that moment.  I wasn't crazy!  And even better, it wasn't an evil spirit here to torture me.  I love my dad so much, what a good man he is.  He gave me a blessing which helped calm me even more.  I called {Twinkie} back & explained about the mouse.  He was so relieved for me & sympathetic of the whole thing.  I must have been suffering from some sort of aftershock or something cause I occasionally kept getting uncontrollable shakes & getting weepy, but I finally fell asleep.  And today I can laugh about it.

3 comments:

kari said...

Ok Lisa you REALLY need to stop watching scary shows especially if you get this kind of reaction after. I am so sorry that you had a mouse come visit you in bed, that is a pretty funny story though!!! Brayden saw that show also and he still is freaked out by certain noises also.

erin louise said...

Lisa you are exactly like me and scary movies..I saw the first grudge and was freaked out for 2WEEKS!!!! I refuse to see the second and you got balls if went and saw paranormal activity!! Glad everything is okay

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!! That would freak me out too. I cant watch sertain scary movies either cause i'm the exact same way. A BABY!!!!! Cohwen just laughs at me. I cant believe you had a mouse in your bed though that is freaky!!! glad you survived:)